Tuesday, September 4

Bedtime worth blogging about

I was putting Zander to bed tonight and he wanted me to lay down with him and tonight I did. Nights like tonight make me glad that I do things like this. :)

We did the usual thing where Zander points to all the decals on his bedroom walls...Mater and Sally and Doc...McQueen and Ramon and the Sheriff. Then he looked over and said "here mama! and he shared his blanket with me.

I asked if he wanted to sing a song and he let me know he did. This always always consists of me singing a song and Zander listening. I started to sing him the ABC song and he stopped me. It wasn't the song he wanted, but he wouldn't tell me which one he did want. I started to sing Jesus loves me and this seemed to satisfy him.

In fact, tonight he was much more responsive to the song that "normal". The words in italics, that's where he joined in <3

Jesus loves me this I know
for the bible tells me so
little ones to him belong
they are weak but he is strong.

And that's how my night with the boys came to a close. It was a good night :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Sweet moments like that can make your whole month!!!

September 06, 2007 11:40 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

He's been full of little moments like that lately! He's really started talking more and making TONS of progress there. It's exciting and sad all at the same time. :)

September 06, 2007 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home