Thursday, August 9

Seeing the allergist

About a month ago I went to the doctor and found I had a sinus infection. After the doc gave me a prescription for an antibiotic and a decongestant she told me that she wanted me to see the allergist that worked in the offices across the street. She gave me his card and I called to set an appointment. I was actually kinda "excited" for the appointment, which was this morning, so we could work to get a handle on whatever was bothering me. They did 2 different tests and know what I'm allergic to?

Nothing.

Not.one.thing.

No, I'm not a hypochondriac. He told me what's going on is Vasomotor Rhinitis. Basically my nose is overly active and overly sensitive to the environment. Vasomotor Rhinitis mimics allergies but medications that work for allergies don't work for this condition.

Nice, eh?

The plan of action is to avoid irritants and use a Sinus Rinse daily. As well as 2 shots of Astelin (no clue if I spelled that right) taken twice daily. The thought is to keep the nose from drying out, keep it from becoming inflamed and irritated. That's what's been causing the sinus infections. Oh...and olive oil. He told me to use olive oil if my nose gets too dry. He said that I'd think he was crazy, but at this point I'll try just about anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home