Saturday, April 28

Afternoon in the ER

I'm too tired to go into details right now, so here's the short version....

We were at SamsClub grabbing a slice of pizza from the snack bar before heading home. Zander started to wiggle, I can't blame him, it was naptime. He had a pair of basketball shorts on and wound up sliding off the back of the bench (it didn't have a back) and he hit his head on the bottom part of a shopping cart. We took him to Children's Hospital and he now has 3 staples in the back of his head. The cut was half an inch long and 1.5cm wide and bled like none of your business (needless to say, it scared me!). He was acting fine by the time we got to the ER, he even ran around playing and checking out the massive fish tank (Children's has an awesome ER!) while we waited for him to be patched up. He didn't bat an eyelash at anything they did to him and only fussed/cried when they put the acutal staples in. I was very very impressed with him, he was really brave!

And, that's the short version!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, definitely scary! I think there's a lot of things kids do that are always scarier for us Mommies.

I'm glad he's doing okay and wasn't too phased by it.

May 08, 2007 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home