Tuesday, September 5

Great day!

Well, the week from Hell is officially done and gone! Last week (for those of you who have not heard about it) was simply awful. Both of the boys were major whiners making it difficult to get anything done around here. Late in the week I gave up even trying. It was that bad.

But then, the weekend came.

I was not looking forward to the 3 day weekend given our past history of just awful weekends. I was afraid things would go horrible as they had in the past. I should not have feared!

Josh was off. And not only that, but he was really off. I couldn't believe it but his work phone didn't ring! Not once. It was great!

Saturday we got up "late" and made brunch and played with the boys. Before we knew it, it was time for their nap! And both boys actually napped, I was in shock! Josh and I got to spend some time together like we have not in a while. It was so nice just to hang out, anyone know what I mean?

Sunday we got the boys up and went to church. This week we went to a "new" church (new to us) and while I absolutely loved how they had things set up for the kids, I'm not sure we'll be going back there. Yes, the kids stuff was good but the service wasn't quite what we were looking for. We may go back again this weekend and see if we just caught a fluke day. After church we came home and did the lunch thing and put the boys straight down for a nap. They were both being really good but it was obvious that they needed a rest. Josh and I got to hang out again!! :-) When the boys were up from naps we read books and played with them til it was time for dinner and then bed.

Monday we got up really late and had lunch! Yup, you read that right. We got up just in time to eat lunch! With lunch over we plunked MiKael in the stroller (Zander walked and the soccer ball sat in his place) and walked to a park that we'd not been to yet. The park we went to was an older park and was so much fun. It had a set of 4 swings some things to climb through and then a single slide. Oh, the slide! The slide was one of those that has somewhat steep steps going about 18 feet or so. It was made of metal instead of plastic which means you whizzed down the spiral slide. You should have heard Zander giggle! We got a few pictures which I'll post when Josh emails them to me ;-)

Now, today things have been great! The boys have only whined their normal amounts and I've had a productive day! I've gotten all the housework done and I made cornbread to go with dinner. And a chocolate cake. Both from scratch!

I actually can't wait til tomorrow! Long walks and a trip to the park are in the plans.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm SOOOOOOOoo glad you had such a great weekend! you so really needed it!!!!!!!!!

may you have a wonderful rest of your week!

September 06, 2006 7:51 AM  
Blogger Jillian said...

Cornbread AND chocolate cake from scratch?? You go, girl!!

I can feel the lightness of your heart in your words. I'm happy that you're so...happy! :)

I can't believe how the boys have grown, either. They are little cuties!!! (Yep, I watched your montage!)

September 07, 2006 6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home