Thursday, September 28

Bars on the windows? An alarm system?

Or just give up and move?

I'm 95% kidding with the last question, I think it would be dumb to run away. The thought is tempting though. Why all the fuss, you ask?

I'll tell ya. You've all heard that last week the car was stolen from right outside of our house and that last night our doorbell rang and then there was nobody there. Ringing a doorbell then running away is a prank, I know that doesn't have me so bothered.

Tonight I talked to my neighbor to let her know about the car being stolen. They actually have a Lexus and an Audi, I would have thought that those would have been taken over a Sebring. I wanted to let her know so her stuff could stay safe. She was sorta shocked that the car was stolen but then went on to tell me that the house on her other side was broken into today. In broad daylight.

Nice, huh?

Luckily, another neighbor across the street saw the guy walk across some yards and up the driveway and into the window. She called 911 and the police were there and caught the guy as he was leaving out the back door. The police had him at gunpoint and he still thought about running. He was high and all he stole was some cash (needless to say it was recovered). He lives in a town about 35 minuts from here and this wasn't his first offense.

It was just two houses down. And, I was home. Alone. With the boys.

Overreacting? Perhaps.

I'd rather keep my boys safe than overlook these things.

Update: Come to find out there are 2 or 3 other houses on the block that have all been broken into lately as well. Creepy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well maybe your problem has been solved :-) he may have been all the issues in your neighbor hood!

September 29, 2006 2:36 PM  
Blogger Ken Albin said...

I would be leaning towards an alarm system and a .357 with firearms training. When my wife is home alone I know that she can defend herself if someone tries to break in. I know it's not a popular answer with some but the realities of life sometimes forces us to choose self-preservation and safety of our loved ones above all else. Good luck and may you be safe.

October 01, 2006 7:03 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Yeah, my husband and I have talked about going to a shooting range and some other things of that nature.

Growing up in Kansas and having an uncle that collects all different kinds of guns you'd think I'd already have some sort of background!

October 04, 2006 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home