Wednesday, July 12

Has someone reset my calendar to Monday?

Today has been the strangest day ever. Seriously. It all started about midnight too, but I'll got go there. Our story begins at 4am...

Yes, 4am Zander wakes up crying. He does this sometimes but will usually go back to sleep without any parental assistance. This morning was different. His cry was one telling us that something is the matter. His cry woke Josh up before it woke me up, fellow mommies out there know that when the daddio wakes up first that something is really WRONG!

Zander was crying at his door with Buddy in tow. Upon initial inspection all seems well, but Zander absolutely WILL NOT go back in his room. He's not overly impressed with anything in the living room and I can't figure out what the deal is so I motion him to come over and get a snuggle hug. Instead of curling up with me he grabs my hands and proceeds to sit down in the floor. Exactly how he does for every diaper change. Hum...I did a poo check and am met with a fresh surprise. I feel silly for not checking him first thing but his poops are usually of the toxic aroma and this surprise was non-aromatic.

After he's all cleaned up he's more than happy to run (and not slowly scamper off) to his room. He gets back in bed and promptly goes to sleep, the rest of the night was fairly uneventful. But, what the heck? He's not woken up in the middle of the night for a diaper change in about a year!

I had a bunch of errands to run today and for the most part the boys were so good! I expect to have a few minor issues here and there, they're kids afterall. No major freak outs or anything today. I was a bit disappointed at our first stop though. Being the geek that I am I just now thought to get a tank from OldNavy for the 4th of July and needless to say they are sold out (unless your a size small, if you are you have options!). I actually tried 2 OldNavy stores, both unsuccessful.

Before we went off to SAMS we had to make a stop back by the house since I forgot my card. I immediatly became annoyed with the entorage of cars parked all around my driveway. Evidentally they are STILL NOT DONW with the house across the street. I had finally hit my limit so I called the phone number that is on the sign and asked "how long will it be until construction is complete?". Ready for this? "We are hoping to have things wrapped up in 2-3 weeks." I'm thinking I'll be labeled as the "Neighborhood Whiner" because I told the lady on the phone about the parking situation. She became extremely appologetic and said she would take care of it. When I got home 2 hours later there were no cars parked on this side of the street!

Yet again (I'm almost embarassed to type this) we went through the TacoBell drive thru "real fast". I've never sat in a slower drive thru line! LOL Patience, I like to think I have it in check most of the time. But today as we approaced the window and had our food handed to us BOTH boys stared to fuss/cry. I had the dude my check card and he forks over the food, I peek in the bag to make sure we have everything. Crunchwrap supreme, 1 taco, and 2 cheesy bean and rice buritos. All is good. We go home and find something different. A chicken crunchwrap supreme and 2 spicy chicken buritos! LOL Soooooo not what I ordered!

Oh well, that's the way it goes sometiems, right? I'm trying to laugh it all off even if it may not sound like it!

And little bug is up and ready for some pureed veggies so I'm off! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

Hey, I'm proud of you for calling on the house, though! And the lady was obviously super with customer service.

If it were me, I probably would have hit one of the trucks already. I get annoyed whenever our across-the-street neighbors' son parks his car, because it's ALWAYS right across from my driveway. I am terrified that I really am going to hit it one day.

July 14, 2006 3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home