Tuesday, July 11

Back from vacation

And what a crazy time it was! I'm talking good crazy, busy all the time type of a deal. I really thought I'd be on at least a LITTLE bit to blog, but that obviously didn't happen!

Kansas City was good! Josh and I (yeah, so mostly Josh!) helped some friends work on their house. After two very long days worth of working (and alot of Gatorade) the house and garage were sanded, primed and painted. Bushes were ripped out. Tree's trimmed or even taken out. Inside of the garage was painted. Etc, etc, etc. I didn't help as much as I wanted to, MiKaels growth spurt seemed to last through the weekend so I felt like I spent more time feeding him than anything else!

Then it was on to "home". Many things there have changed but at the same time have stayed the same. It's amazing how that seems to happen in small towns. The High School is "bigger and better". Wal-Mart currently has 14 registers but that will all change soon as they are building a SuperCenter right behind the existing store. (Can you ghetto-ify a hick town?) Braums and Dairy Queen. Dragging main. Burger Station. QuikTrip is gone, replaced by jump(lightning bolt)start. Shoulda stuck with QT my friends! The movie theater is now a coffee house (how Smallville is that?). Oh, and it's not the swimming pool anymore either, it's the aquatics center.

All in all it was a good vacation. Not as "restful" as I would have liked, but I'll survive! I do wish that we could have stayed longer. I also wish I would have rememberd to take some pictures, I fully intended on it. I'll hafta check up on Bonda and Hondo when I go back for the fair...the county fair...definetly worthy of a few pictures there!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Welcome Home! Glad you had a fun trip. Visits home are always nice, but I think to get a restful vacation you need a quiet beach...and a nanny;o)

July 12, 2006 10:42 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

Yep, yep! This next "vacation" will be more restful, that's for sure! LOL It's not as much of a vacation really though. Josh is going to CA for work and we are all going with him. So, he'll be working while we play during the day and he'll join us in the evenings. Sometime near the end of the trip he's going to take a few days off (as requested by his boss!) and I think we might hit the beach then...but sadly, no nanny! :-P

July 12, 2006 2:52 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

Welcome home! You know, visits to family members never feel like "vacation," do they? Lovely to visit folks we adore, but not usually "refreshing" the way you would hope a vacation would be.

July 14, 2006 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home