Friday, June 9

It's Friday Night

And I'm sitting at home, alone. The boys have both been in bed for a few hours now and I have been watching the Food Network. Yes, I'm a geeek! But, that is not the point.

Josh took off work early this afternoon so he could make the drive to visit his mom and siblings. I was really bummed when we talked about him going alone, I really wanted to go! But, we decided that it would be best if he made the trip alone. Taking the boys would only make the already long drive even longer. So, we stayed behind.

About an hour and a half ago Josh called and he's about 2 hours away from his final destination, but he's stopping for the night. His radiator hose blew. Ironically, this is not the first time this has happened to him/us while making this drive. It happened almost 4 years ago in his old truck, but again, that's a different story.

Oh, yeah, you'll never believe this! The place he stopped to say the night only had one room available...The Honeymoon Suite! Josh told me that it's the biggest hotel room he's ever been in and it stinks because he is there alone. *sigh* There's always next time, right?

First thing in the morning JoshiePoo is getting up and heading over to AutoZone to get the replacement hose and slap 'er on. He'll be on the road and to his moms house just in time for lunch. Knowing him, he'll work til he's cross eyed tomorrow night. Then get up Sunday morning and drive home! At this rate his visit will last all of 24 hours or so.

I really hope the rest of the trip goes smoothly for him. I know I'll sound like a goober for saying this, but I miss him. So, I'm outa here and gonna go call him!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Hope his time away passes quickly for you and that he gets home safely!

June 11, 2006 2:06 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Thanks guys! He did get the hose taken care of in the morning, he was rather grumpy about it though! The rest of his trip went very smoothly. :)

June 15, 2006 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home