Saturday, June 10

Drive thru windows

I find myself sitting here tonight pondering the woman who was working the drive thru at Taco Bell tonight. I wonder what her story is, why she's working a drive thru for what I'm sure is not enough money.

The reason for my curiosity? Her age and ability. You see, she appeared to be in her mid 30's. I'm wondering what happened in her life to have her working fast food. It was obvious that she was intellegent and compitent. What brought her on this path? I seriously hope that this unknown woman knows her full potential, because she has alot!

I often wonder what stories people could tell about their life, if given the chance. People fascinate me. I think that's why I'm addicted to checking out blogs!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

Wow, Gail -- that's very insightful.

You know this is a passion of Eric's -- helping people find their potential. I would venture to say that the MAJORITY of people get lost somewhere along the way.

I'll bet your Taco Bell woman is one of them.

Sometimes people are so wounded they can't ever move forward. Sometimes they are so insecure that the fear of failure stops them in their tracks. Sometimes they've lost themselves along the way, forced into a "cookie cutter mold" that was never meant for them.

Yeah, ok, I guess I'm passionate about this, too.

You've got such a cool perspective. :)

June 14, 2006 4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home