Wednesday, May 24

Nutritionist

I've started to post about this several times but words have not come. So, here I go again, this time I will make it work.

When I first started this blog I wrote some about starting to eat helthy and also excercising on a more regular basis. Well, eating healthier has been easier than the excercise part. I thought it would be the other way around, but that's a whole other subject.

Anyway, we have been eating healthier and I have been planning our menu and grocery lists rather anal like. The result? An ever increasing interest in nutrition and weight loss. Josh has lost about 30 pounds since the beginning of all this and I've lost about 15! (yay!)

So, this sudden interest in nutrition had me looking up different online programs to gain certification as a Nutritionist. I've been "researching" different options for about a month now. What does it all come down to? A distance education program in Dietetics from a college right here in Colorado.

The plan is to start taking online classes as a full time student in the fall. But before that can happen I hafta jump through all the hoops to get there (applying to the college, financial aid, etc). Three years, then an internship before I have a piece of paper in Dietitics. I have a whole range of feelings and emotions on going back to school. Nervous. Excited. Scared outa my mind. I've never been the "smart one". That is not going to stop me. Not this time. I can do this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

cool.......good luck in your schooling journey, it is a lot of work, but I am sure you will do great! :)

May 25, 2006 4:58 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Gail! How wonderful and exciting. And good for you guys for being so healthy. It really is amazing how the more you focus on what you eat, the more you learn and realize how much junk is out there. Taking the first step to go back to school is always a bit intimidating...you'll do great!!!

May 27, 2006 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home