Friday, April 28

Ranting about things I don't understand

This morning I went out for a quick Target run. While out an about for all of 45 minutes I experienced the following...

"You must be busy!" said one woman in reference to me pusing a double stroller. I'm not sure if she was referring to the fact that I have two kids, they are both boys or the fact that they are less than 2 years apart. Her tone sure didn't say "you must be busy!". What her tone said was, "you must be stupid!" Having more than one kid, is it that uncommon?? I mean really!! I hear this comment EVERY time I go out. EVERY TIME! Sometimes more than once.

*****

Don't jaywalk five feet from a crosswalk. I realize that the intersection is busy but COME ON, crosswalks are for pedestrians!

*****

You want to go to the busy neighborhood resturant? Great! Feel free to do so. But if there are only 5 parking spaces in the front of the place and you can CLEARLY see that they are all full before you turn into the parking lot (this next part is key) DO NOT, I reapeat, DO NOT stop your truck blocking all lanes of traffic while you weigh your options.

*****

Dare I mention this next one? Do take your kids grocery shopping with you, it's good for them. What is not good for them is to go on a LONG grocery trip. At lunchtime. On an empty belly. With an impatient parent.

*****

This also gets under my skin. Seeing parents pick up a piece of fruit or a box of crackers or a juice box or....you get the idea...and hand it to their child to eat WHILE SHOPPING. That's just rude and lazy. PACK A SNACK! If you can't manage to do that, leave the store immediatly and tend to the needs of your child. Grocery shop later.


I also don't understand how a 2 year old can get a booger the size of Texas rooted in his hair. Maybe someday Zander will be able to tell me, but for now I'm just the mommy who got to clean it up! :-P

2 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

LOL!

Glad to see you back.

Blessings,

Amie

April 29, 2006 3:10 AM  
Blogger Jillian said...

Gail! LOL What a fantastic rant.

Do you know what I used to hear when I went out with my gaggle of little ones? "Are they ALL YOURS?"

No, I picked a couple of them up out in the parking lot. UGH!!!

LOL at the booger. Ain't life fun? :)

May 01, 2006 4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home