Wednesday, March 22

Dishwashing and Laundry, Oh my!

For the past week or so Zander has taken an extreme interest of all that goes on in the kitchen. If someone so much as even walks in the direction of the kitchen he is right there to follow along! It's not that he's hungry or wants something to drink, he just wants to see it all. I've really had to watch out for him because he always seems to be underfoot. He loves watching things on the stove. But most of all, he likes to "help" with the dishes. Especially today.

Today Zander got up, had breakfast, took a bath, got dressed and then followed me into the kitchen. I was about to clean up the breakfast mess (and even a pan or two from last night). So, Zander grabs his stool (like this http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/jsearch/product.jsp?pn=163535 ) and pulls it right up beside me. Now he's standing tall right in front of the side of the sink where I rinse the dishes. I figure if he gets his sleeves wet it's no big deal, we'll just change his shirt.

We changed his shirt. And his undershirt. And his jeans. And his socks!!!

You see, when we got to the end of the dishes my cell phone rang. I dried off my hands real fast and answered it (mind you, I'm still RIGHT THERE). Zander had been playing with the measuring spoons and splashing around a little bit, but nothing to severe. No cause for alarm. Until I put that big mug within his reach!!! Almost as soon as it hit the other side of the sink to be rinsed he grabbed it, filled it with water and dumped it everywhere!! It was the funniest thing I've seen him do in a long time, his face was hilarious! After I took the mug from him and put it on the rack to dry (the measuring spoons too!) he proceeded to splash around in the leftover water. The splashes started out tiny. They didn't stay that way!! Before long he was splashing and laughing so hard! It made me want a video camera!!

I let him splash around for a bit, afterall I already had puddles on the floor to clean up. He couldn't really do any more "damage".

It was a good morning!





After we changed him out of his soggy clothes it wasn't long and it was lunchtime! Today was also the day that Zander decided that cottage cheese is for WEARING and not eating!! So...we changed his shirt again. At this rate he's gonna go through a weeks worth of clothes in one day! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

Hey, I am really enjoying getting to know your little family. It seems like so long ago that we were at WHS, huh?

Anyway, that is so cool that you let him "help" in the kitchen we do alot of that too. It is SO much fun! I bet the look on his face was priceless and the book thing.....great. Kyle has started "reading" books to Ellie, that is so cute to see too.

Blessings, Amie

March 24, 2006 3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home