Friday, March 17

The balding baby

bald (bôld)adj. bald·er, bald·est
Lacking hair on the head.

Yes, yes, I know it's a normal thing. Babies go bald, it's what they do. I remember Zander one day had a head full of baby fuzz and the next, he was bald. No mommy trauma involved. It just happend, I honestly didn't notice when it did! It was like **poof** it was never there to begin with! His hair came back rather quickly and by his first birthday he was sporting a rather thick head of hair.

By now you have probably guessed that MiKael is starting to thin out and go bald. **sigh** It is different this time. I don't know if it is because MiKael has darker hair than Zander did but MAN! The thing that gets me the most, you ask? Seeing strands of hair on the shoulders of his shirt and on the sheet to his bassinette where his head rubs. I'm weird, I know. The headline should read MOMMY TRAUMATIZED BY INFANT HAIR LOSS. But, can you blame me? When we give MiKael a bath (until reciently, I might add) his hair would look like a baby chicken, fuzz sticking out EVERYWHERE. It was cute. And I liked it!

Want to hear something funny though? Before I noticed that MiKael was shedding I noticed that he was growing new hairs. Yup, it's cute! His hairline is starting to fill in and thicken up. I'll just hafta focus on that I guess! Here is another interesting piece of information: Josh has passed his hairline on to both Zander and MiKael.

I love all of my boys; the todder with thick hair, the balding baby and the graying hubby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home