Friday, March 3

Answers.com defines tabula rasa as

1a. The mind before it receives the impressions gained from experience.
1b. The unformed, featureless mind in the philosophy of John Locke and

2. A need or an opportunity to start from the beginning.

I love and wholeheartadly agree with all of the definitions. And here we are, taking an opportunity to start over from the beginning. Well, as far as my blog goes anyway! Welcome to my journey!

This week has been one to definetly hit the reset button and start over again. So far, I've started doing pilates and crunches again. Since my youngest boy will be 3mo on the 17th I decided I was past due in the getting back into shape department. I don't so much have a weight goal in mind but just want to look and feel better overall. I do know what my "starting weight" is in this quest, but I don't think I'll share that one just yet! I have also started taking my boys on daily walks, starting out slow and in 12 (hopefully) short weeks we'll be crusing along for a full hour. And last for the new beginnings this week, I have started taking my vitamins again. Vitamins have been a struggle for me since being pregnant with my second child. Call it what you want but I just kept forgetting to take the dang things!

I've got a huge motivator to lose the baby weight (or should I say jiggle since technically I've already lost the baby weight?). With my second pregnancy my blood pressure skyrocketed the last week before going into labor. While my blood pressure has gone down from where it was it's still not back to my "normal" prepregnancy range. Having slightly elevated blood pressure has been making me nervous and been the cause for more excercise and a new, more nutritious meal plan for the whole family. It has been a year and 4 months since my father died of a heart attack, which was his second in 4 years. At 5'10'' and 350+ he was in major need of a lifestyle change that he just was not willing to make. The doctors had been telling him for years that if he didn't start to eat right, excercise a little, shed some pounds and get his blood pressure in check that it would all kill him. This time the doctors were right. He was 59.

I refuse to live a life like that. So, here I am at (almost) 27 making the choice to eat better and excercise and keep my blood pressure in check....but for now I must depart and give a fussy toddler his lunch...a nap wouldn't hurt either.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

So great to see you blogging and with new modivation for life. I heard about it when you Dad passed away. I am so sorry for your loss, I just never new how to get ahold of you. (I was living in SC at the time) Anyway, enjoy your paliets class, sounds like fun, I am jealous!
Blessings, Amie

March 07, 2006 6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home